Why Choose Us?
Building Energy Solutions is led by New York State Registered Professional Engineer and Certified Energy Manager, Rae H. Butler. Her design and construction focus of MEP, HVAC and Lighting Systems spans more than 20 years, with a heavy focus on designing and implementing energy conservation projects. Ms. Butler's expertise in engineering and Building Energy Solutions' full service CAD department allows projects to be delivered accurately and on time.
Building Energy Solutions has extensive experience and involvement in all phases of projects, starting with the preparation of feasibility studies, budgeting, estimating and the design of HVAC, MEP, cogeneration and lighting projects, to managing the installation, commissioning of systems and the developing of maintenance procedures. We tailor our services to fit each client and pride ourselves on flexible, hands-on and personalized engineering services.
Building Energy Solutions has successfully assisted clients with specific and overall energy needs in a variety of sectors of the economy, from educational buildings to hospitality facilities. BES has also participated in several LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified projects. Building Energy Solutions is proud to be a New York State registered Women Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
- Building Energy Solutions, LLC is providing mechanical and plumbing design services for the CNY Raceway Park in Hastings New York. Included in this project is a multi-use building with restaurant, bar, VIP seating, press box and social areas. This is the new home of Dirt Week.
- Building Energy Solutions, LLC will be providing the electrical design for renovations to the Speech-Language and Hearing Center at SUNY New Paltz in the Humanities Building.
- Buffalo State College has hired Building Energy Solutions, LLC for commissioning on the Caudell Hall Reconstruction Project. We will be providing the pre-functional and functional performance testing for MEP systems.
- Building Energy Solutions, LLC has been awarded several new projects at SUNY Upstate Medical University including the Institute of Human Performance Pool HVAC Upgrade Project; plumbing design in the Dr. Sarah Loguen Center; the Community General Campus Water Treatment/Cooling Tower Replacement Project; HVAC and plumbing design for the PET/CT Scan Project; and the plumbing and HVAC design for the Silverman Hall Electric Upgrade Project.
- Full Service MEP Engineering
- Design and Preparation of Construction Documents
- Design of Cogeneration Systems
- Participation in LEED Certification Process
- Feasibility Studies and Energy Audits
- Construction Management for MEP Projects
- Development of O & M Policies and Procedures
- Energy Efficient Lighting Upgrades
- Tax Certification, HVAC Investigation Work and Expert Opinion
- Full CAD Services
Building Energy Solutions is an HVAC and MEP engineering consulting firm that specializes in energy conservation. Our expertise is in our ability to analyze energy use in all types of buildings, upgrade existing systems with new designs that reduce costs and inefficiencies while improving comfort conditions, and assist owners and architects in MEP design for new construction and system evaluation.
Building Energy Solutions has been certified as a Commissioning Authority by the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC)
Commissioning Group. We also assist clients with renewable energy sources including solar and wind energy.
Building Energy Solutions is a New York State, Federal (CCR), and Syracuse registered Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE). Our firm
incorporates new technologies and good planning for peak energy efficiency and low operating costs. Our projects are
located in New York State and the Northeast. Our clients can count on us for every step of the project from planning,
design and construction, to maintenance and operations, with a single point of contact for all stages.
Click on the following links for sample projects:
Building Energy Solutions, llc
106 Kenyon Drive
Syracuse, NY 13120
Student Life Center